— Blacklick Woods Outdoor Adventure —
A FREE social and recreational event of Metro Parks & ECRN+ (YMCA of Central Ohio)
*** REGISTRATION: COMING SOON ***
Get outdoors, get active, and PLAY! Join Metro Parks and ECRN+ for an outdoor family adventure at Blacklick Woods Metro Park. Children and youth of ALL abilities are invited to experience open-air tram rides with Naturalist-led commentary, archery, nature center exploration, crafts, archeology dig, live wildlife meet and greet, and hiking! Network with other families in an inclusive, fun, and welcoming environment.
* Blacklick Woods Metro Park *
6975 East Livingston Ave, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
— PARK at the Reservable Picnic Area. This main event area is the 3rd picnic area on the left after you enter the park. Look for signage and balloons. Tram rides will be rounding between the Reservable Picnic Area and then Nature Center.
• The tram will be running every 30 min starting at 11am and picking up the last group at 3:30pm.
• The tram departs from the Picnic Area, tours for 20 min, before stopping for drop offs at the Nature Center. We encourage you to tour the wonders of the Blacklick Woods Nature Center with your family! After exploring, take the 1 mile hike back to the Picnic Area or await the next tram.
• Tram seats are first come, first served. Each tram can hold 20 standard seats + 4 open spaces for wheelchair users. Children are permitted on an adult lap at the parents discretion.
• No experience is required for archery! We will provide hands-on instruction and supplies.
• Wear comfortable shoes (closed-toed and heeled) for walking and clothes ideal for the weather and environment.
• Given the outdoor environment of our event, please remember to bring/wear your sunscreen, bug spray, etc if you so desire.
• Restrooms are available.
• This program is open to both children and their families with special needs as well as the general community-at-large. We encourage an inclusive approach to friendship and fun!
• There's plenty of places for a beautiful picnic with your family… we encourage you to pack your lunch and picnic in the park!
• Parents/Guardians must stay with their child and be attentive at all times. We encourage family participation.
• If you need assistance on the day of the event, ask a staff member or volunteers for assistance. We will also have Metro Parks Rangers walking the grounds. If you are unable to find someone to assist, please call 614.835.6073 or 614.300.7867. *** If you have an emergency, call the park ranger at 614.208.4247.
• In the event of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled. Please check facebook.com/ECRNplus (you don't need to have a facebook profile to see our public posts) or call 614.835.6073 or 614.300.7867 the day of the event for the latest updates.
ECRN+/YMCA Family Support Team
» Name: Amanda Biel or Cassie Kranz
» Email: [email protected]
OR [email protected]
» Phone: 614.835.6073 OR 614.300.7867
Metro Parks Naturalist
» Name: Jennifer (Jen) Rosa
» Email: [email protected]