Traveling to a foreign country is not enough to make your images stand out if you are not applying good visual composition in your photographs. In this class, I’ll explain the concept of Visual Language and how use Principals of Design to improve your composition. To illustrate these concepts, I’ll use numerous photo examples from my recent travels to Belize, Ecuador and Barcelona amongst other locations. Learn my approach to travel photography and how to get close to people. You can use these techniques in your next travel adventure abroad or locally.
This class will cover
· Visual Language and communication with photographs
· Principals of Design in photo composition
· Controlling the camera setting
· Discussion of Travel photography
· Engaging and photographing people while travelling
· Visual exploration of multiple destinations
· Camera gear and accessories for unique situations
Leonardo Carrizo is a multimedia photojournalist who specializes in visual storytelling for a wide range of publications, individuals and organizations, including non-profits and NGOs. Leonardo lectures multimedia journalism, photojournalism, user experience design and visual communication design at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. During the summers, he is a National Geographic Student Expeditions photography trip leader.
Check out for Leonardo’s work at his website and Instagram!
Also, check out this interview of Leonardo from the MPEX Blog!